Sunday 10 September 2017

AYWMC 30 day challenge

For the month of August I took part in the A Year With My Camera (AYWMC) composition challenge.  After falling behind with the weekley prompts and homework during our move back to Australia, I landed onthis daily challenge as a great way to get back in the habit of trying each week's homework.  


It was also a good opportunity to pay atttentionto composition and to take photos on days other than the weekend.  I can't be the only one who thinks about her camera on Saturdays and Sundays right...


Over the course of the month - well, 30 days, as 31 August was a day off - I only missed 1 day, when I was quite unwell and didn't get out of my PJs. 


I added an extra lawyer to the challenge by restricting myself to taking photos on my way to and from work, or on my lunch breeak, rather than going somewhere specifically to take photos.  This presented particular challenges on some days - like the S curve day - where I had to rely on my surroundings to assume the right form.  Luckily, I came across some benches laid out in a snake shape on my walk home (not the usual way). 


A real highlight of the challenge was the daily wrap up - 4 photos chosen as highlights of that day's chllenge.  I was fortunate enough to have 2 photos chosen. The first was to represent mystery, and the prompt was 'what's leaving the frame'.


The prompt for the second was 'mono'.


Towards the end of the month I was running out of steam and really had to push myself to complete the final few days.  Ultimately, it was a great way to get back to the AYWMC program and I'm looking forward to the next weekly challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment