Wednesday 13 July 2016

A Cos knock off

I saw a cute, summery dress in Cos that combined knit and woven fabrics – a tee shirt style, with a bright pop of fabric by way of a large hem band.  Then my friend Juju saw the same dress and created a great tutorial describing how to make your own!


The tutorial is very easy to follow, and worked well – though I was using a crew neck/set in sleeve pattern, rather than a raglan. 


It was also very fast to sew, as it’s basically an oversized tee shirt – the key element being that the hem band matched across the side seams, and the neck band was tight enough (my least favourite part). I added a small breast pocket in the hem fabric, to carry the colour up to my face.



Ultimately, the style is not terribly flattering on me so it will likely be relegated to a wear around the house, or to the shops type dress – or to the beach when I go and visit Mum, but it is super comfortable and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment